Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Tri- Polish Challenge, Day 13/ June #1: Call The Doctor Pink Purple Gradient


Hello everyone!




This is what I made for Day 13 in the Tri- Polish Challenge (TPC), which is the first challenge mani in June. A new month means three new colors: pink, red and purple. Here I've made a pink- purple gradient, and added glitter. I've been sick, so I felt it was time to use my new Darling Diva glitter polish: 'Call The Doctor'. And it actually seems to work! I feel that the virus is leaving my body, and am slowly getting my strength and voice back, but my throat will need some more days. You might have seen this first photo on facebook. I wasn't well enough to write the blog post, so I just posted the photo there. It was difficult to photograph this mani. This first photo is the best of the polishes, but even on that photo the purple should have been a little more red toned, and the pink should have looked more pink. As usual you'll find thumbnails to the other participants' TPC manis at the end of the post. But first I'll show more photos of the mani, the polishes I picked for June, and I'll tell a bit about them and the glitter.



My June TPC polishes:


As my June polishes, I chose the purple GOSH #571 Wild Lilac. The pink is the one I usually use: GOSH #598 Bubble Gum. (Click on the link to see "Bubble Gum" on it's own and used for nail art. It was also used in this dotting tool nail art, which currently is my entry for MI-NY's nail art contest.) My red is H&M Cherry. I chose these colors because there's no doubt that they are red, pink and purple. (The purple looks too blue and pale on the photos.) Wild Lilac is a normal 2- coater, (less opaque than most of my GOSH creams) but the other two are nearly one- coaters, and it's possible to use the red for stamping. Here is a photo:




The polishes used for this mani:


GOSH #598 Bubble Gum
GOSH #571 Wild Lilac
Darling Diva Polish: Call The Doctor




Darling Diva Polish: Call The Doctor:


This is a glitter in a clear jelly base. It's my first round glitter, and I love it. It's also my first glitter with black and white. This polish has tiny holographic glitter, and big, bigger and small round glitter. As you see the round glitters are light pink, fuchsia, black, white, and big purple holographic. I applied one coat, and used a dotting tool to pick up glitter from the brush, and place the different colors and sizes randomly on one nail at the time. I used one coat of Poshé and one coat of Seche Vite, and the next days I added one more coat of Seche Vite to make it last. I wish I hadn't done that, because the second day, the top coat turned white by the cuticles, and I wasn't able to remove all of it... Well, now I've learned that...



Animal testing: 


According to the animal organizations' cruelty free lists Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) and GOSH do not test their products on animals. According to Darling Diva Nails (on Etsy), Darling Diva Polish is also cruelty- free, and the ingredients she has used have not been tested on animals. :-)





I really wish I was able to show you how beautiful this mani is. I hope you all have a nice midsummer night/ midwinter day celebration! I hope to show you my midsummer/ midwinter nails tomorrow. The folders with photos of swatches are piling up, but I hope I can write more blog posts this summer.

Here are the thumbnails to the other participants' manis. Just click on the photo, if you want to read their blog post.

Lani

6 comments:

  1. Your nails are wearing flower camouflage - it's really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Flower camouflage!!! You made me smile! I bought flowers in different colors this year, so that they could work as nailphoto background

      Delete
  2. Beautiful. Love the darling diva!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a beautiful mani! you have lovely designs! i'm a new follower through bloglovin'. hope you will follow me back! : )
    http://myprettynailz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete