Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Tri- Polish Challenge, Day 9: Hearts with Gold and Raindrops. Valentine's Day nails #6


Hello everyone!



The three new colors in the Tri- Polish Challenge (TPC) for May are red, grey and blue. For those colors I chose these polishes: IsaDora #743 ORIENT EXPRESS (red), GOSH: #594 MISS GREY (grey), and mi-ny: #177 BLUE SKY (blue). And as usual we have free use of white, black, gold, silver, and clear based glitter. I had actually planned to make this mani with red hearts for Valentine's Day. But a blue heart on an accent nail turned it into a TPC mani. I was inspired by a cup I got for Christmas. I took photos inside. But after a lot of rain, the sun decided to help me.

(I made this nail art last week, so you might have seen the photo above on facebook already.)






Here I zoomed in on the raindrops from the first photo

What I did:

I started with white nails, and used a small round brush to paint the red and blue hearts. Then I used a gold polish (H&M: Back by Noon) and a yellowish gold (H&M: Run Baby Run) and BM-316 and MM02 to stamp the gold pattern.

I've been asked how I paint my nails, and I don't think I do anything special, but I always clean around the nail/ cuticles before and after applying top coat. A good top coat also helps a lot. And I look at the photos before I remove the polish.


Used:

OPI: My Boyfriend Scales Walls (white)
IsaDora: #743 ORIENT EXPRESS (red)
mi-ny: #177 BLUE SKY (blue)
H&M: Back by Noon (gold) -the bottle to the left below
H&M: Run Baby Run (yellowish gold)
Stamping plates: BM-316, MM02
Stamper & scraper from KKCenterHk


What I used



So as you see, I only used two of the TPC polishes this time. I have written about the blue mi-ny polish before, and will hopefully show you swatches of the red and the grey soon. I had planned to make three more TPC manicures in May...

Holding IsaDora: ORIENT EXPRESS
Holding OPI: My Boyfriend Scales Walls

Holding: mi-ny: BLUE SKY

Animal testing:


I have tried to use products that have not been tested on animals. H&M and IsaDora can be found on the animal organization's cruelty- free lists. My bottle of OPI is also cruelty- free, because it was bought before OPI was removed from the cruelty- free lists. OPI is bought by a company that do test on animals, but I have not found OPI on the animal organizations' lists of brands that should be avoided yet. I have not seen mi-ny on any lists yet. My source is their answer when I asked them on facebook :-)


How to follow me (after Google Reader is gone):


If you read my blog trough Google Reader, I recommend you to start following "Nailphotos by Lani" on Bloglovin', because Google Reader will be taken off this summer. You can also find my future blog posts on facebook, G+, and Twitter. It's also possible to follow "Nailphotos by Lani" by email.






Don't forget to take a look at the other TPC Day 9/ May #1 nails below!


Lani

6 comments:

  1. It's super pretty - a perfect match for your cup/inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the positive feedback! :-) I was going to take it off because I wasn't pleased with the hearts, but after the stamping, I was surprised by how well it turned out. I have bought brushes, so I hope I'll have time and inspiration to do more freehand nail art

      Delete