Sunday, December 21, 2014

December Solstice & Advent Nails - stamping nail art


Hello everyone!

LED lamp


I made this today, which is the shortest day of the year here in the northern hemisphere; December Solstice. Every year on this day, even though winter has just started, I always look forward to longer and longer days the next 6 months. It's also the last Sunday in advent. So I felt it was too early for red nails, and purple is the color traditionally used the month before Christmas around here. So that's why I made purple snowflake nails on this Midwinter Day.

Ott- Lite


And I was curious about Kings & Queens, this red toned purple linear holographic polish that I bought when I Love Nail Polish had a sale earlier this fall, when they sold out their round bottles with this I♥ logo. Their new bottles are square.


 I brought a little snow inside for these two pictures.




Unfortunately the sun wasn't shining today, and the winter daylight was low when I was ready to take the photos, so most of these photos are taken in artificial lighting and don't look as shiny as they do IRL.

Winter daylight, shade
 My swatches are too light or too dark, so I hope you can find better swatches somewhere.

LED lamp
Ott- Lite


The snowflakes are stamped on. I used HB 23, my favorite snowflake plate, and Konad stamping polish in White, Pastel Pink, and Pastel Purple.

Winter daylight, shade
LED lamp


Products used:

I Love Nail Polish: Kings & Queens
Stamping plate: HB 23
Stamping polishes: Konad SN White, Pastel Pink, and Pastel Purple
XL stamper
Seche Vite

Ott- Lite


♥ I wish you all a happy Midsummer Night/ Midwinter Day! ♥

If you want to see last year's Midsummer/ Midwinter French, click here!


Lani

4 comments:

  1. Gaaaah - I SO need to try my Kings & Queens soon - wow it's absolutely gorgeous!
    AND I love it with the stamping!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice to hear that you like it! I look forward to see your amazing swatches. :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I just took some snow from the garden and put on a plate under my lamp for the photos.

      Delete